Photos below are from just before noon today along likely General Strike march route.
The port police are ready, OPD is ready. Make sure to stay visible to BART riders. Bring lots of water, energy bars, clothing (will be cold later!!), led flashlights… coordinate with your peeps by social media and RADIO. If police can check up on us with infiltrators, we can do same with police band radio checkups. Perhaps carry fingernail clippers in your back pocket to clip zipties. Onward!
Port police patrolling 7th Street, above.
Below you’ll find OPD squad cars, motorcycle patrolmen, City of Oakland Public Works trucks… all hands on deck today. For better or worse.
Very glad to see and hear today on KPFA that protestors demonstrated in front of all the BIG TAPEWORM BANKS I’ve railed against repeatedly here on my blog in 2008, 2009, 2010.
People are finally getting it. How many Oakland “progressives” bank with these zombie banks which are sucking us dry?
Lest I repeat myself… big banks who received bailout “tarp” money 2008+:
- Bank of America/ Merril Lynch (more recently, $75 Trillion of derivatives moved to “Fed”/Treasury books!! unholy bailout of 2011!)
- Wells Fargo/Wachovia (drug money launderers, not to mention mortgage nonsense)
- J. P. Morgan Chase / WaMu
- ING – another Euro bank we bailed out
- CitiBank – massive fail
- Societie Generale – FRENCH bank we bailed out due to their own risky “mortgage-backed securities” fraud schemes failing – to the tune of billions of dollars
The elites/oligarchs/plutocracy doesn’t count every vote. They buy votes. What they DO count is every DOLLAR. Move your Dollars!!
— 2:30PM Update: More great photos from today so far:
Challenge Corporate Power banner (“skyscraper” format for you ad network folks)
And… where is FRANK CHU??? (12 Galaxies)